28.8.14

Just Some Stuff

      Hi! Today is a mismatched collection of a few things, including an award, a photo shoot, and just some updates on various things. And also my opinion on what other than BeForever ;) let's start with the award...


      I was nominated for the LG Award (created by Guinea Pig Lover from Lord's Girls) by Ginny and June and Dollympics547 (well, she left a comment saying she did, but on her blog I'm not listed, but why not give a shout out anyways?) =D Now for the rule and questions!

Rules:
~No tag backs
~You must give credit to the person who nominated you :)
~Answer the 8 questions given to you by the person who nominated you and then give 8 more questions to the nominees
~Nominate 8 people and let the know they were nominated
~Put the award on your sidebar or you special page you have for awards!

Questions:
What Historical Character do you look like the most?
Caroline with Marie-Grace's hair (even though she's technically gone) =)
Handmade clothes (for dolls) or store bought clothes?
Considering I love sewing for my dolls, handmade by far!
What role do you play when playing with dolls?
Well, my girls consider me their adoptive mom, so I'm usually referred to as "Mom", although sometimes that get tired of that and call me "Maddie". So, uh, mom/friend =)
Nikon cameras, Canon cameras, or other?
I personally use a Canon and am most familiar with Canon DSLRs, but I do own a Nikon Coolpix (an older version I got when I was younger) and I think that's it. So Canon =)
Do you play with your dolls, or do you just display/photograph them, or both?
I used to have elaborate back stories for each doll and would play with them all the time, but that stooped a few years ago. I use them as photography subjects and enjoy creating scenes with them =)
How many blogs do you follow?
Err, a lot XD
Is your blog newer, or older?
Uhh, I don't know XD I created this blog in April 2014, so almost five months, I'm not sure where that falls =/
Do you believe that Samantha's new collection should have less pink?
Absolutely! The only outfit that isn't totally pink (I think) is her bike riding outfit, which I personally don't like. So yes! I miss her old stuff! I'd rather buy a Sam off eBay with her original meet outfit and accessories.

Thanks, Ginny and June! I'm not sure if Dollympics547 wants me to answer her questions, so if she does, I'll add them in above =) I nominate the first eight commenters that want to participate, because I'm too lazy to choose just eight of you XD school kills, man. Now for the PS...










      I felt like Chrissa was being ignored lately, so I took her out for a quick shoot. I like how the colors seem to pop more than photos I've taken in the past =) okay, now for the updates part. So, some of you might be wondering where City of Gray went? The answer is I don't know. Every time I try to shoot a part, something goes wrong. However, I'm going to try this weekend (I'm off tomorrow through Monday) to get Part Four up because you guys deserve it! I might even make a special behind the scenes post and have Saige, Ali, and Jade post some exclusive photos on their blog ;) another update thing is that I probably won't be able to post COG every Wednesday, but u can try for each week. I hope that's okay! It just seems easier not being confined to one day, so if I feel proactive one week I could post an extra ert or two ;) as for my BeForever opinions, I basically think Sam has too much pink, Rebecca really should've kept her old meet outfit along with Julie, Sam, Kit (although I do really like her new meet, I would've liked it more had it been a new outfit on the side only), and Josefina. I feel like all the bright colors take away from the historical accuracy. However, I do really like Addy's new meet outfit, I think it's nice that it's blue, not pink, although I muss her old meet boots. That's about it, I think! Thanks for reading!

~Maddie

19 comments:

  1. I love the pics Maddie! Super cute :)
    ~<3Ginny~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree on the BeForever Sam's new release. TOO MUCH PINK. I probably won't buy any of her outfits because of it. I have pre- Beforever Sam, and I love her old outfits and her cute face. I'm thinking that they might have worn a lot of pink in her time period, I'll look it up. I love Kits meet outfit, and Rebbecca's is a nice shade of purple.Chrissa looks so cute in the photos! The pics do pop.
    - Zoë

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only outfit of Sam's that I like is her red holiday outfit, but I think it's too expensive =( yeah, I have a feeling that I'm going to end up trying to find a nice pre-BF Samantha on eBay or buy #13 because quite honestly new Sam just doesn't do it for me. Me too, Rebecca's is slowly growing on me =) thank you!

      ~Maddie

      Delete
  3. Befoever is way to colorful. I think pink doesn't work for sam! Chrissa looks beautiful
    http://americangirldollsandme.weebly.com/
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thank you! =)

      ~Maddie

      Delete
  4. Awesome pictures! She looks great in that dress! :)

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrissa and I say thanks! =D

      ~Maddie

      Delete
  5. STUNNING pictures :) <3 the photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!

      ~Maddie

      Delete
  6. Cool award! I was already nominated for it by American Girl Northwest! I love the photos of Chrissa! You are such a good photographer and she is so pretty!

    P.S. I can't figure out how to add other people's blog buttons to my sidebar! If you know how, could you please tell me?! If you don't know, I'll just try to find someone else to ask! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, congrats! Aww, thank you so much, that means a ton ♥ I take the easy route when it comes to linking buttons; I just go to the layout page, click on the "Add a Gadget" thing (ahh, so professional. You can tell by the choice of words XD) and choose image. Then, when that pop-up page for the image appears, there's a boz where you can type a URL to link the photo to that page, so for example, I could link my button to my blog by simply typing (in the link box) the URL of this blog. I hope that wasn't too confusing! It probably was, I'm not exactly a natural at explaining...;)

      ~Maddie

      Delete
    2. I tried it and it worked! Thanks sooooooo much for the help!!! :)

      Delete
    3. Yay! I'm so glad I could help! =D

      ~Maddie

      Delete
  7. I just asked the same questions! Oh and I just added you in, sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! Don't worry about it =D

      ~Maddie

      Delete