24.11.14

What's Up?

WARNING!!! VERY LONG RANTY UPDATES POST BELOW!!!
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

      Hey, how's it going? Blogger is still acting up. I'm not ignoring you guys, I promise; my feed is just whacked and I'm a bit busy with school stuff, plus I'm finally learning how to properly play the drums (yasssssssss), not to mention my Chorus concert and Band concert coming up in early December.
      I know I've been lousy with commenting on your blogs and replying to them on my own; it's really hit or miss with everything =/ but I'm gonna try harder.
      So first thing's first: the pictures of the jacket Ali was modeling in the last real post (*cough* not my last one, that was basically me and Cassie freaking out because of our dear Aussie boys and I decided to see if any of you guys shared the same musical interests):







      Now, this pattern isn't one I'd ever purchase for myself, for it's name is hard to pronounce and it's not exactly my style, but it was free and looked challenging; therefore, I downloaded it and tried my best =) I didn't feel like making actual button holes so I used Velcro and just sewed on buttons for the look. I like it, it really encouraged me to sit down and focus on what I was sewing =) 
      So, this post is gonna be one big updates post. I will start with an apology.
      I'm sorry I haven't been a great blogger lately, I've been caught up in school and music, plus sewing stuff and practicing photography. I feel really bad for not being a loyal commenter, and I know I could just manually check all your blogs for new posts but do ya know how many blogs I follow? A lot. xD I'd spend hours checking everyone's posts, plus the blogs that I haven't yet gotten around to following (but still read). That's another thing, sometimes I can see when you guys post but I'm usually overwhelmed with my Language Arts HW and don't have time to comment. But I do read at least.
      Another update is that I'm in the midst if making my personal blog. I've been tossing this idea around for some time now, but after talking about things with Cassie, I've come to the decision that I will open a new blog exclusively for my own human things I do. I have a name for it (Drumsticks and Camera Clicks), but it's not public yet so...yeah. For some reason I've always felt that if I opened a human blog you guys would assume I'm outgrowing dolls. I don't know why, it's just one of those quirks I have, being a worrier. But just in case any of you do feel that way, let me tell ya that I'm not. In fact, I'm even considering welcoming a new member into my doll family soon ;) so yeah...
      I also feel like I need to tell you guys who I really am. I'm not a super nice, happy go lucky, doll-obsessed girl. I'm Maddie, a 13 year old, annoying, loud, energetic girl that has a passion for photography, music (including bands, especially 5 Seconds of Summer and Paramore, but mostly the first at the moment), and just being herself. I cuss sometimes (yeah yeah yeah, cue the collective booing from the invisible crowd) and laugh a lot. I'm really loud and have an unfortunate sense of style. I'm me, and I'm a heck of a lot different than pretty much everyone else in the doll blogging community. I don't feel comfortable being myself (with the exception of dolls, of course ;) ) in this community, and although I'm gonna keep up the fake writing style and such for you all, I think you need to at least know I'm not some little flower child.
      Whelp, now that I've just about written you an essay about me, I'll let you enjoy the absense of lil' old me. I'll make it my goal to reply to every comment. That is, if I still get any after telling you all that I'm not great...

Right, my quirks aside, have a great night! I love you all ♥

~Maddie

OH YEAH! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING ANYTHING RELATED TO THIS BLOG COMMENT BELOW AND I SHALL ANSWER

22 comments:

  1. Don't worry about not commenting and such, I feel your pain. :P I guess we've all gotten to the point of the year where the teachers decide, "HEY. I GOT AN IDEA. WHY DON'T WE DUMP A WHOLE BUNCH OF HW ON THESE KIDS AND SEE WHAT THEY'RE MADE OF." which really stinks.
    A PERSONAL BLOG SOUNDS AWESOME THAT WOULD BE FUN TO READ CAN'T WAIT.
    And I feel ya with the last paragraph (second to last?? whateves.) I cuss sometimes too (but mainly in my head bc yeah. xD), laugh all the time (mainly at my own lame jokes), bands are life, and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't blame you for not always being happy and a perfect little flower child. Tbh, people who are ALWAYS happy don't even seem real to me, and that bugs me, I like knowing that they have feelings too bc that makes them seem more REAL if that makes any sense whatsoever...
    Anyway, sorry bout the little rant in your comments section. xD
    Hope your Language Arts teacher cools down with the homework hurricane soon, and I'm sure I speak on behalf of the rest of your followers, it's totally fine if you're not here all the time, I totally understand and still think you're real rad. xD

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for understanding, but it sucks that ya feel mah pain. ;P ugh I know right? Like c'mon teachers, just because a holiday is coming up doesn't mean you get a free pass to assign heaps of homework!
      Ah yay! I'm excited and I'm glad you are too =)
      Oooh goody I'm not aloneeeeeeee! Yeah, I want to know that these people have feelings and stuff but when you're always like "yup uh huh great stuff yanno perfect so talented" I get kinda annoyed. So yup, makes SO MUCH SENSE AHH.
      Pfft, please, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it ;)
      Aww, thanks Kelsey, that really means a ton ^-^

      ~M

      Delete
  2. Maddie those paragraphs about not being who you really are in the doll community and not being a flower child are perfect. Just *bloody perfect*. I am NOT a flower child. Yeah, I know I call people dear and darling but that's because it's just... something I do.
    I've opened a personal blog because so the people who want to get to know me more as I am, can. I'm mature okay. I like more actors than I'd care to admit to, I obsess over them in ways that are probably not normal, I love the Hobbit so much freaking more than anybody knows, and I may seem sweet but heck, I am sarcastic and I frequently call people idiots, or sigh at teens around me and their stupidity levels.
    I am not a flower child.
    Never really have been.
    And The Halfling Writer gives me a place to write about what I want. Without being restricted and worried about the followers I have on there. With my personal, you know what the heck you're getting into if you click that follow button.
    Jeepers I rant like a ninny but oh well. >_<
    I'm looking forward to your personal blog. =)
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PHEW. I'm so glad you think that, because anyone else normally says that they're only themselves in the doll community, not that they're actually *pretending*...I totally get that, sometimes I'll call people sweetie or honey sarcastically. I used to be real big on that but I've kinda stopped. Ish...
      And see, I find that super inspiring and amazing and yeah. Because I love getting to know internet friends, and I want them to know about me, but I don't think people would appreciate me really focusing a few posts on who *I* am, not about my dolls' private lives xD
      Ahh good. Feels great knowing you're on the same page.;P
      Same here man.
      Aw, no ya don't! I love long comments and rants ;)
      Yay, me too! =)

      ~M

      Delete
  3. Wow! Your did a amazing job sewing that jacket Maddie! Your very talented at sewing.
    Aww don't worry about not commenting. Everybody gets busy!
    Maddie, Nobody is a perfect flower child! Everyone has their faults. Looking forward to your personal blog;)
    And about laughing a lot, I get so crazy and laughy ,(sorry thats not a word) sometimes my older sister thinks that I'm insane^-^ Yea, I am not really a "sane" calm person...=)
    ~Rylee<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Rylee!
      Thanks for understanding =)
      I'm glad you're looking forward to it =D
      YAY FOR LAUGHY PEOPLE AND UNOFFICIAL WORDS!

      ~M

      Delete
  4. Hey don't worry about it! Besides I know I few people in this room I'm sitting in right now that haven't been that great about commenting or posting either. *Cough cough*
    I think a personal blog sounds great! I think it's really cool that you aren't afraid to show people who you really are and it inspiring.
    I think that jacket looks awesome!!
    And I know, why do you have to drown me in homework teachers?!? Hope it gets better, remember Thanksgiving brake is in like 2 days!
    - Zoë

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay...;) lol, well, I'm glad in not alone there xD
      Yay! =) Awwz thanks Zoë, that's really sweet to say =)
      Thank you!!
      It's almost at the point where I'm drowning in as much HW as I am award posts! Thanks, same to you! Hope you have a great break!

      ~M

      Delete
  5. No worries! Like I tell everyone else, we all have lives outside of blogging. :)
    Great. I'll be sure to click that follow button when it's public.
    I have a personal blog and if you scroll through some of my posts you'll see I'm not perfect either. None of us are and that's kind of good 'cause when would it get interesting? ^_^ Be yourself, I won't mind.
    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for understanding! =)
      Aw thank you =)
      Thats awesome! I'll have to go follow ;)
      Ahh, well said my friend =) and thank you, I'm glad you won't mind ;)

      ~M

      Delete
  6. You're such a talented sewer.. and a talented photographer!

    We are all busy sometimes, don't worry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Hannah! xoxo

      ~M

      Delete
  7. These clothes look amazing, I agree, you are a really talented sewer! <3
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much June ♥

      ~M

      Delete
  8. I love the jacket, Maddie! Great job!
    I understand the whole busy thing. Especially with the LA homework....I hate that packet! XD
    I can't wait for your personal blog! I'm glad you decided to do one!
    Lol...flower child...( I read as I listen to All Time Low sing something about picking flowers...XD)

    -Cassie ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cass!
      UGH YES IK IT'S SLOWLY KILLING ME. xD
      I can't either, thanks for helping encourage me to make one! =)
      Lol niceeeeeeeee

      ~M

      Delete
  9. The whole point of writing is to express yourself. I really would not mind seeing the "real Maddie's" opinions/views/general weirdness. I love reading this blog and I'm glad you are not leaving. Remember: this is YOUR doll blog. You are writing about what you love. Don't let it stifle your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad you wouldn't mind! ;) ♥ I'm so glad you like my blog, it means a ton! And I won't be leaving for quite a while, I can assure you of that ♥ thank you for the encouraging words! xoxo

      ~M

      Delete
  10. THAT. COAT. IS. AMAAAAAZING!!!!!!!!!! If you opened an Etsy shop right now, I would totally go and buy something. Seriously. And yes, your apology is accepted, the Holiday season is just so darn busy! And a personal blog would be awesome. I tried it before, but when I posted, I was either really into my personal blog, or really into my doll blog, so I just got caught up in it. :P But I'm sure you'll do fine...just go with your gut on what you want to do! You can always change later (not saying you should of course).
    Hope this helps and good luck-
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much Claire! That means a ton!! Ugh, yes it is! I'm glad you think so =) that's understandable =) thank you for the sweet comment! ♥

      ~M

      Delete
  11. Wow! Your sewing skills are amazing :) I think that would be awesome if you would start a personal blog... plus "Drumsticks and Camera Clicks" is so original and cute :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! =) ♥ xoxo

      ~M

      Delete