31.12.14

2014: Looking Back

Hey guys! Happy New Year everyone! Am I supposed to capitalize "happy new year"? Anyone?

Anyways, I thought that since today is the last day of 2014, I'd reflect on this year. Okay.

LET'S DO THIS.

So, 2014 was a huge year for me regarding dolls, photography, sewing, and of course, blogging. =) 


On Friday, April 4, 2014, I posted for the first time on my first blog, this blog, and posted four *cough* bad *cough* pictured, but I was proud of it, and even though no one read my blog (and I never expected anyone to), I fell in love with blogging.

Then on April 7, 2014, I got my camera, aka my life; the Canon Rebel XT. It wasn't brand new, but it was a DSLR and took wonderful pictures; I was so very proud of my first photo shoot I did with this camera ^_^


After that shoot, though, I kinda failed to pick up the camera regularly and post photos. However, in June, I changed that and after about two months of neglecting the camera; I'll admit, it was a pretty good shoot for a beginner ;)


Since then, I've tried to take pictures each and every day, and work up to a point where I'm proud if my pictures.

I hit a few rough spots in between, losing confidence in myself, thinking I wasn't good enough at photography or sewing, and that feeling lasted roughly three months.

But ever since my shoot "Here's to Teenage Memories", I've pushed myself to take pictures every single day...


...to really take time to practice my one true passion- doll photography...


...to get to a point where I'm proud of what I do...






...and after a year of testing the water, I'm proud of what I do. I'm not ashamed of being a teen that just so happens to love dolls, I take pride in my photography and sewing, and I have a blog that people read. I never would've guessed this is how I'd be sending my new year's eve ;)

So my story isn't inspirational like other bloggers' are, but 2014 was a year I'll never forget ♥ here's to a great year, a an even better one to come *raises glass*

Happy new year, my friends. ^_^ I love ya ♥

~M

P.S. Thank you so much for 61 followers ♥♥♥

17 comments:

  1. Aww, Maddie you're such an inspiration :) Photography is truly such a wonderful way to speak your heart without a single word. Happy New Year <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow Autumn, thank you so much! ♥ I agree; that's one of the main reasons why I love photography so much =) happy new year ♥

      ~M

      Delete
  2. Your photography and sewing is so amazing Maddie! You should be very proud of it.xD
    I'm so glad I ran into your blog.
    Your always so sweet. I always enjoy reading your comment and posts!
    Hope 2015 is a wonderful year for you! Happy New Year!^-^
    ~Rylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so very much, Rylee ♥
      I'm so glad I found yours, too =) ♥
      So are you, your comments always make me smile. ♥ I'm so glad you enjoy my posts =) I know for sure I enjoy yours ;)
      I hope it's a wonderful year for you, too ^_^

      ~M

      Delete
  3. Aww, this just goes to show that if you really work at something you can do it!!
    It's amazing how in just the past few months I've followed you, how much your photography has improved and expanded.
    I hope you keep improving and trying your hardest to practice and improve your photography because it's really inspiring to all us bloggers :0)
    Happy new year!! ( I'm not sure if you're supposed to capitalize it either!)
    - Zoë

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it does; now if only I worked as hard on schoolwork as I do photography...xD
      Aw, thank you, Zoë ♥
      Oh, you're so sweet-thank you ♥
      Happy new year! I'm glad I'm not alone xD

      ~M

      Delete
  4. Oddly enough, I like your first shoot. Idk why, maybe I just like the sharp focus... Of the color red? Hmmmmm
    I found I had the same "no one reads my blog but it's fun anyway" feeling when I started my blog nearly two months ago. Newbie! I wonder if everyone feels like that?
    Also, I have a question. How did you make your blog semi- transparent?
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Years!!! Congrats on 61 followers! Now if I can just get 50...only 6 more to go! ;) I love seeing how much you've improved in your photography! You are a fantastic photographer and your sewing skills are just beyond amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Maddie!!!!! Would you mind if I did a looking back post like yours?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Happy New Year Maddie! Your posts always inspire me! Sorry if that sounds weird but I so want to get amazing at photography like you! I'm glad that you had a wonderful year and I hope the years to come are just as fabulous! I toast to that! *clinks glass*
    -Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! Congrats on 61 followers. Your photography is amazing, its really cool to see how it has changed.
    -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year!! I love your blog so much! You have come so far in these past months. I always look forward to your posts, and I can't wait to see what you have to come in 2015! Congrats on everything! ♥

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Maddie! Your photos are always so gorgeous, and you've always been such a kind, encouraging person to me. You were one of my first followers and you've supported me all this way. Thanks for all that you do. I hope you have a lovely start to the new year. <3
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your story is very inspiring, Maddie! I wish you all the best in the coming year. I am sure your blog will grow a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, Maddie! You inspire me just by being you and you should definitely be proud of what you do. :) Happy (late) New Year!

    -Cassie ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4.5.16

    Bleh,

    ReplyDelete