26.1.15

The "You're a Great Photographer" Award

Hi :) I had a snow day today and I'm 99% sure I'll be off again tomorrow. Yay! More time for me to "forget" about the homework I should be doing...

*cough*

Anyways, today I was nominated for the You're a Great Photographer award by the lovely Leah from American Girl Chick! Thanks so much :)


The Rules:

1. Nominate 3-7 blogs for this award and make a link to the blog.
2. If you are nominated, give 1 of your photography tips and answer the questions given.
3. Go comment on a post of the person you nominated letting them know they were nominated.
4. Copy the picture above on your post.
5. Link your post back to the original post.
6. Add the picture to your tool bar or page.
7. Copy these rules onto your post.
8. Have fun!

Okay, here's my tip:

I know this is pretty much what everyone else says, but good lighting is a must! I reccomend taking pictures in daylight, but not when the sun is directly overhead; sunset or sunrise are the vest times to go put and take photos. :) 

And now for the questions:

1.) What camera do you use?
I use the Canon Rebel XT. It's a wonderful camera, despite being an older model lacking quite a few of the features the newer Rebels have, like for example, being able to take videos. I love it, although technically it's my grandpa's- he gave it to me when he bought himself a new camera (the T3i)- and I hope to buy myself a newer camera soon that's really mine. :)

2.) Which one of your dolls is the most photogenic?
Oh, Emerson (#55), without a doubt. That girl is by far the most photogenic doll I own. ♥

3.) Do you like indoor photography better, or outdoor?
I really love outdoor photography, but indoor photography is usually more convenient, plus I feel like it has made me a better photographer when faced with the challenges of lighting indoors and such.

4.) Which season is your favorite to take photos of your dolls?
Hmm...I honestly can't choose. I love certain things about each season, like for example; in fall, you get gorgeous autumn colors, in summer you get lots of greens (not to mention more bokeh opportunities, at least where I live), in spring everything comes back to life, which is always pretty in photos, and in winter you get snow, which makes for cute photos and also acts as a natural reflector ;)

Thanks again Leah! I had lots of fun answering these. :)

I nominate:
Mama Hen from The Pony Tales Sisters
Polka Dot Bee from Polka Dot Bee
Claire from Carrot and Claire
Zoƫ from Glowy Zoe

My questions are the same as the ones I answered because I'm lazy xP

Here's another spoiler photo because I love you ;)


Comment which doll you think is holding the camera- if you guess correctly you'll get a shout out in the photo shoot post ;) thanks for reading, and have a great night!

-maddie

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award! I loved reading your answers :) I'm going to guess that the doll holding the camera is Lanie or Ali :)

    ♥ Shelby-Grace ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. MADELINE.
    DID YOU SEE ASPEN HEIGHTS.
    OH. EM. GOODNESS.
    EMAIL ME RIGHT NOW BECAUSE I NEED SOMEONE TO FAMGIRL WITH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to just randomly pop into this conversation that doesn't even involve me and say, AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! THAT. EPISODE. THERE IS ONLY ONE PHRASE THAT CAME TO MIND AS A WATCHED THAT EPISODE:

      OH. MY. COW'S. POTATOES.
      I CAN'T DECIDE WHICH EMOTION I FELT MORE IN THAT EPISODE--EVERYTHING THERE WAS SUCH A HUGE SHOCK AND SURPRISE.

      I think I had a huge fangirl attack when I saw the episode was finally up XD I was racing around our house early this morning, making weird squealing sounds while carrying my laptop around when I saw it was up before settling down to actually watch it XD

      ♥ Shelby-Grace ♥

      Delete
    2. I LITERALLY FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY AS YOU! xD I freaked out when I saw it was up too. I had been checking instagram all weekend.

      ~ Mint

      Delete
    3. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO I AM ANYMORE MAN

      Delete
    4. You guys. I am going to but in here, and say that I died.

      Delete
  3. I loved reading your answers! I am guessing who is taking the picture is either Lanie, or Julie. :D
    ~Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so lucky! It was snowing today fo me too, but I still had a full day of school. That picture at the end is so cute! I can't wait for the photo shoot. :D

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on getting that award!! Cool answers to the questions! Yeah my camera is technically my dads but he doesn't use it so... It's mine now! Mwah ha ha ha! Also can't wait for the photo shoot! :D
    -Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool that you were nominated!
    You totally deserve it :)

    ~Callie

    Oh! Is it Felicity or Saige?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers! I will say Emerson. :)
    Ella xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the award! I liked reading your answers! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete