12.7.15

what i've been sewing | episode one

so um i guess i'll be doing these pretty regularly.
i won't set a specific day that it will be posted, but every time i sew a few things i'll post one.
sound good?
good.
let's get started then, shall we?

~

oh, you might've seen some of these items in shoots here already, by the way. :)


the first item i'm going to be showing you is a floral skater dress, modeled by archer. :}






i personally love it and i think it's safe to say that archer does, too. ;)


the next item is something that's been on here a few times, and it's this neat patterned crop top.




it's become one of my new favorite pieces, and em and archer have been fighting over who gets it. ;)


next is the white lace bustier that ana wore in her last shoot. :)




simple and cute--plus very easy to make. it only took like fifteen minutes.


finally, i'll be showing you an outfit that i made for a friend of megan.
she emailed me asking if i would make her an outfit for her girls, so that was my project a few weeks back. :)






it includes a floral tee shirt (it's a normal tee length, just tucked into the skirt) and a black skater skirt.
i have yet to get the chance to give it to her, but i certainly had a fun time making it.

~

i hope you guys enjoyed seeing what i've been making for the crew. :) i always have fun when i sew, and have been working at improving my pattern making skills. having said that, almost everything shown above was made with my own pattern, or a pattern that was slightly modified to my liking. :) oh, and i had a question--i know i don't really do tutorials, but do you guys want a tutorial for the choker emerson has on? it was really easy and i love it, and so if any of you are interested i'd be more than happy to put one together.

in other news, i got a new reflector--it's awesome. i used it to take these photos. :)
i also got an official email for you guys to contact me through. it's dollsonmymind.official@gmail.com. i also made a behind the scenes blog, which you can find here. :) hmm...i think that's it. thanks for reading!

-maddie

22 comments:

  1. your sewing skills are so so SO on point ^_^ everything is so amazing. like that floral skater dress is just beyond perfect <3
    a tutorial would be amazing too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, thank you, autumn. :)

      -maddie

      Delete
  2. I love these items Maddie!! Mmm I can't choose my favourite! I like them al for different reasons! This may be too much to ask but do you think you could like maybe do a tutorial either on here or on your youtube on how to create your own patterns for your tops and dresses? Don't panic if you don't want to!! I just would love to make some like crop tops and dresses but I don't really know how to like create a pattern.. i know, I'm not very savvy when it comes to things like this >.< I was just wondering :)
    -Lydia
    http://dollyfernfriends.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, lydia. :) sure i can! not sure when i'll get them up, but it should be within the next week or so. :)

      -maddie

      Delete
  3. THAT DRESS THAT DRESS OMG THAT DRESS.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ITS SO CUTE ISNT IT

      -maddie

      Delete
  4. Omg Maddie, Red Head will love that outfit!!!!!!!! ; ) You are amazing at sewing <3

    ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so glad you think she will! ^_^ awe, thank you, you're quite talented yourself. ;) :3

      -maddie

      Delete
  5. I love the floral skater dress, if you don't mind me asking, where did you find the fabric? Archer looks amazing in it. I love how simple and quick bustiers and crop tops are but can be used in many different outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! it was actually made out of an old shirt, so i don't know what to tell you besides keep an eye out for clothes made from fabric that look like they'd work well for dolls. i do too, they take barely any time but are very useful. :)

      -maddie

      Delete
  6. Looks like you've been having lots of fun lately :)
    I've actually got back into doll sewing recently, after not doing any for ages due to lack of time with school and all that. I'm really enjoying it again.
    I really love the skater dress, and probably appreciate it most due to the fact that I suck at sewing knits. I don't know what it is, but I can never get them to work for me nicely like that.
    Even when I use a ballpoint needle and stretch stitch.
    Still doesn't work :(
    Oh well, at least I'm good with woven fabrics xD
    Lovely photos as well, my friend. You're an excellent photographer *glares at photos I've taken recently with complete and utter disrespect.
    ~Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all wonderful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress and buster is just plain adorable! ^_^
    -Leah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous13.7.15

    So cute! How did you make the skater skirt? I would love a tutorial on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i actually have a (very old) tutorial on how to make a skate skirt, you can find it in the june 2014 archives (or maybe july...). :)

      -maddie

      Delete
  10. I SWEAR IF YOU DONT MAKE AN ETSY I WILL COME OVER TO YOUR HOUSE AND MAKE YOU
    ahem
    BUT SERIOUSLY IF YOU HAD ONE I WOULD BE BROKE
    xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whelp, when i finally have enough time in my schedule, i'll be sure to let you know when i open a shop. ;)

      -maddie

      Delete
  11. Adorable! :)

    Allie D.
    www.spreadingmyjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous wardrobe pieces. I love Archer's dress the most - all are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all so lovely! I love making my own pattern pieces, too... and it's so satisfying when they actually work, and look good, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're amazing at sewing! All of the pieces are flawless, and they look great on the dolls to. I tried to sew a t-shirt for one of my dolls a few days ago. Um.. It seriously failed. Sewing is not my forte! XD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Maddie! These pieces are beautiful. I'm glad I'm back on blogger so that now I can see your amazing posts again.

    ~Diana

    ReplyDelete