1.11.15

november | a very special post for a very special girl


their alarms ring in the sky,
the voices sing the lullabies as the ashes learn to fly.
and this will be my holiday,
no more living with my fears 'cause i gave them all away.

tell my loved ones that i wish them well.

there's a fire in this november sky.
it's burning up, burning up—
they'll remember me tonight.
there's a fire in tis november sky.
it's building up, building up—
they'll remember me tonight
in this town,
in this town.

and the flames are running high.
red flashing lights light up the sky,
and they will run to where they collide.
and melt away into the

n i g h t

~

for those of you who don't know, today is adi's birthday.

magma, i freaking love you to death, and don't know where i'd be without you. you're one of the most talented people i can think of, and don't even get me started on your impeccable taste in music. ;) words simply cannot express how thankful i am to have met you, and how lucky i feel to be able to call you my friend. you've stuck with me through all my unjustified mood swings, listened when i needed to vent, and still manage to make me smile even on the worst of days.

the conversations of the blog squad still make me laugh to this day, and every time i hear someone swear i automatically think "shh, don't tell ______". i sincerely hope that you won't ever have to move to mexico with your shoebox full of lovely beings because of annoying young lads, but if you will, i'll visit on holidays. xD 

i remember back when you told me that your favorite track off madness was probably november, so i hope your opinion hasn't changed too drastically. otherwise i'll edit this post to include some lp lyrics or something. ;)

i hope today is good to you. eat some cake for me. <3

-maddie

by the way, this was scheduled to be posted at 12 am on the first of november in my time, so if it says it's actually october 31 for you that's why. :)

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Adi!

    (Also, love the photo Maddie!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm literally on the verge of bawling and losing my mind. This was so sweet and I'm so dead. I can't.
    You're truly one of the greatest people I've been blessed to meet Mad Hatter. You always crack me up, and after the antics of The Blog Squad, I can't look at light-up shoes, or balloons the same way again. (I'm pretty sure all the balloons hung in my house right now are distant cousins of Leroy's.)
    November is still the track that means the world to me, and the fact that you remembered me telling you that is just mind-blowing to me. The picture is absolutely GORGEOUS, and this whole post just makes my heart swell to the size of a cantaloupe. (which sounds completely unhealthy but oh well)
    THANK YOU SO MUCH MAD HATTER FOR ALWAYS BEING HERE FOR ME AND BEING SUCH A SWEETHEART TO DO THIS. IT MADE MY WHOLE DAY. <3
    xo Magma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe well i hope you stay alive a little bit longer so you can celebrate more but you gotta do what you gotta do. xD
      oh my goodness i almost forgot about the light-up shoes i'm gonna cry, and leroy sends his regards to his dear cousins from up above in balloon heaven. <3
      oh good, i feel better knowing that you still like it, and i'm so glad you liked the picture. :3 oh gosh, well at least it's not a watermelon. xD
      YOU'RE VERY WELCOME MAGMADI, AND THANK //YOU// FOR BEING ONE OF THE GREATEST FRIENDS I COULD EVER ASK FOR. <3
      -mad hatter xo

      Delete
    2. WHAT LEROY DIED DID WE EVER DISCUSS THIS

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday Adi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts are still so beautiful, Maddie.
    *sigh*
    I miss blogging :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe, thanks diana. <3

      Delete
  5. Love the new header (I'm behind in reading and commenting, so it may be old to you, but...) Fabulous lead photo too! Makes me think of Katniss.

    Happy birthday, Adi!

    ReplyDelete