25.12.15

what i got for christmas || 2015

hey guys, merry christmas!! since last year i got pretty good feedback on my 'what i got for christmas' post, i decided to do one again this year. :) just a fair warning, i did not get any major doll items, so if you don't want to see human items, i don't recommend you read this post. :)

DISCLAIMER: i am not at all trying to brag or show off the items i received this year, i'm extremely grateful for everything and do know the real meaning of christmas (both the religious background and the fact that it's a time to spend time with family, though in my fam {obvi} we celebrate it more for the second reason, seeing as i'm athiest and my mom is agnostic).

whelp, i hope you all enjoy seeing what i got. ^-^

~


FRIENDS


from my friend erika i got this adorable peanuts mug with hershey kisses inside, plus a candy cane and a cute little snoopy. <3


from my friend emily i got some cookies, some [really f*cking good] chocolate covered pretzels, sour patch kids, and some candy canes.


from megan i got some peppermint bark, black doll tights (!), two pairs of knee socks (!!), a little clipboard, some tiny pens, a notebook, and a $25 hot topic gift card.

**not pictured**
j gave me a handmade sws poster and i love it. ^-^


from my friend grace i received this mayday parade shirt. nice nice.


and finally, from my friend kaitlin i received a keychain (inside joke) and a sws shirt.

FAMILY


from my grandparents on my mom's side i got two flannels and two pairs of black skinny jeans.


from my aunt, uncle, and cousins on my mom's side i got these maroon vans. O.o


then, from both of the family members just mentioned, i got two itunes gift cards. love.


from my parents i got these andrew smith books (i love his writing more than i can put into words and i'm sooooo excited to read stick and 100 sideways miles, as well as owning my own copies of winger and stand off)


also from my parents i just got a new bathrobe, hairties, and a hairbrush because i genuinely needed a replacement for all of these. xD


again from my parents, i got these black vans and i love them. :}



then i got a pair of fun egg & bacon socks, along with two pairs of boot socks (one of which is on me right now)


i got a new charcoal gray neff beanie which i love. (neff beanies are the only beanies that fit me right haha)


and my biggest gift of this year was my doc martens!!
i love them more than i love myself tbh. they're like, really super comfy and eeek!!!


^^misc. stocking stuffers^^

**not pictured**
from my grandparents on my dad's side i got $100 to put towards my camera fund.
from my great-grandparents i got $35.
i see my aunt, uncle and cousin on my dad's side either tomorrow or sunday, i probably won't update this post though but i just thought i'd mention. xD

aaaaaaand that's about it!

~

it feels weird not having anything doll related this year, but at the same time i really don't have space for any more stuff. my little cousin (the one with isabelle and caroline from last year) got myag 25 this year (who she named charlotte) and she is aDORable, so you can probably expect photos of charlotte sometime soon. ^-^ also i'm having some doll jealousy, so there may be a new member of the crew coming home in the next few months. xD we'll see though. i'd have to go through all my current stuff and get rid of a lot in order for that to happen, and i'm really lazy. but anyways.

TODAY EMERSON IS A YEAR OLD AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO COPE.
also jules is seven, chrissa is six, lissie is five, ali is four, and scarlette is two my babies are getting so old

whelp, i hope you all had a lovely day. sorry i sound really awkward in this post, i'm kinda rushing through it since i have family over and stuff, but i wnted to get a post up since i'm pushing the last episode of christmas with the crew off until tomorrow because i just didn't have time.

MURRY CHRISTMUK, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, I LOVE YOU, YOU SASSY, BEAUTOFUL FLAMINGOS. 

until next time,
mads

10 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH ALL YOUR ITEMS LOOK SO AWESOME YOU HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS. lmao my friends and I don't really get each other stuff for Christmas, for us birthdays are the big deal. But I LOVE THE EGGS AND BACON SOCKS and SNOOPY and THOSE DOC MARTENS and of course flannels are always great. I got some fandom shirts, BOFA EE, and a literal shit ton of pens (cause I LOVE COLORFUL PENS OKAY, I'm thinking of buying myself a Johanna Bassford coloring book to go along with them.), among other things. I asked for Lydia (from AGAT) and a couple outfits for her, but didn't get any of that sadly :/ because my mom puts herself in charge of buying my presents and thinks I'm too old for dolls, so. (I did literally just get Isabelle, though, so I'm not too upset over it. I'll just buy Lydia myself; I have a pretty well-paying job from a neighbor for the next two weeks looking after his house while he's in California for the holidays, so I can just use some of that money.)

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU AND I AGREE I HAVE SOME OF THE SWEETEST FRIENDS OUT THERE THEY SPOIL ME. this was the first year that all my friends and i really did christmas, but we definitely went all out—however, for birthdays, usually we just give each other a handwritten card and like a single m&m. xD ah yes, pens...i got a new pack of those crayola super tip markers (or whatever they're called—you know those white skinny ones with the colored caps?) for when i draw on my dolls' freckles, along with a new black papermate flair pen because that's what i use for eyeliner and shiz. i used to be obsessed with yellow ticonderoga pencils though, so i understand the passion for writing utensils. xD oh that's cool that you have a job, my only source of income is my allowance...when i remember to do my chores. xD i hope you enjoy future lydia, agat dolls seem like they're wonderful. :}

      Delete
  2. You always make me feel like a very special flamingo:) You got some awesome stuff . I have the black vans and they are awesome ! You got some really cool stuff . The Doc Martens are to literally die for. I really like your socks. Realllllyyyyy. Snoopy is so cute :) I totally understand not having time , I'm not even bothering with photos at this point. Merry Christmas to you too mads, happy holidays. You are the most sassiest, beautoful flamingo I know ;)
    -Thalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. :} yeah, i love my vans and am very excited to have two more pairs to add to my growing collection. (i've told myself that i need to hold off on any more converse since 14 is too much, so i've turned to vans and it's not healthy xD) ugh yes docs are amazing—seeing how much i love the classic black pair, i'll probably be buying the cherry reds sometime soon. xD i have an actual shoe problem oml. and eee yes isn't snoopy just the cutest thing? :3
      thanks you, thalia, you're always so sweet. ^-^

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thank you, tenley. :3 hope you had a great holiday as well!

      Delete
  4. First: I'M SO SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN KEEPING UP ON YOUR POSTS ;-; I HAVE ALOT OF CATCHING UP TO DO, MATE ;P

    Second: The things you got are so cool! I love Vans, but my Dad hates em.. :P
    Hope you had a vedy merry Christmas!
    ~Mads

    ReplyDelete
  5. We both got Saige/Scarlette on the exact same day, Christmas 2013. Cool.
    THOSE MAROON VANS THOUGH I AM VERY JEALOUS. AND THE DOC MARTENS THEY'RE VERY NICE I HAVE SHOE ENVY.
    Can I just like steal a candy cane from you because you have lots and I've never had one before k thanks.
    Your cousin's MyAG 25 has a brilliant name btw.
    On an unrelated note, did you do a doll eyeliner tutorial or am I going mad? I swear you did do one but I might have made it up, god knows. (i have a weird brain okay)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1.) ooo very nice very nice, saige dolls are lovely.
      2.) THANKS CHARLOTTE I LOVE EM TOO
      3.) wait a second yOU'VE NEVER HAD A CANDY CANE? oh dear this is a problem *sends you loads of candy canes*
      4.) doesn't she? ;)
      5.) i did, but it was on seven blogger and their dolls. so not here, but it does exist haha.

      Delete
    2. ooh right see I knew i wasn't going crazy thanks xD

      Delete