18.1.16

diy || vinyls


hey guys. :)) today i'm coming at you with a diy that i'm excited to share—how to make vinyls (records) for your dolls! they're super cute as a decoration, plus if you have a music lover in the fam this would be perfect (as soon as i figure out how to make a record player i'll make sure to let you know how to make those too). so, without further ado, let's get into it.

_____________

what you need


cardboard
  • i'm using an old shoebox, but any cardboard that isn't too terribly thick should work. if you use an old cereal box or something, you might want to double up, though.
scissors
  • any kind will do.
template/pattern
  • i'm using a record from the out generation ukulele set for the basic shape of my homemade vinyls.
pencil
  • just to trace the pattern—technically you don't need it, but i recommend you use on, especially if you're free handing the design.
sharpie or black paint
  • as long as it's black, you'll be fine—unless you want to make a pretty vinyl (like one of the pastel halsey, for example).



step one- if you are using a cardboard box, collapse it and cut out a piece that's a good size for the amount of vinyls you will be making.


step two- trace your pattern onto the cardboard.


step three- cut out your vinyl. cutting out the center can be difficult, but don't give up. it just takes some time.


step four- color/paint your vinyl, and you're done!


cute, huh?

_____________

i hope you liked this tutorial. :) i was in the midst of redecorating my doll area this morning and just decided to make a post out of it aha. i'll see you soon with a lyric shoot. :)

maddie xx

18 comments:

  1. Aww this is so neat, and I love the set up you did of it all on the wall. ^-^ (I approve very much of the sws, sio, and atl ones.)
    I lowkey wanna do that in my room with real vinyl but I a.) have like 0 space with "the wall" and b.) love playing my records too much to pin them up. xD
    Can't wait for the lyric shoot!
    xx Adaline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks magma!! ^-^
      aha same, i think vinyls look wicked hanging on a wall and would love to have a wall like that in my room--my great grandfather actually has a bunch of old records he doesn't use anymore so maybe i can snatch some up for decorating purposes. xD

      Delete
  2. whoops accidentally deleted my other comment :/
    I love this! Definitely trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the cluster of them hanging on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WILL BE MAKING ONE.

    *goes and makes one*

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooooo cute! When I eventually finish the dollhouse (It's been sitting in my garage for two years...) I want to make something like this for one of the rooms.
    - Zoë

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, zoë! :) i'm sure it would look great in your dollhouse.

      Delete
  6. Ahhhh I love it! And I love with you did with all the album covers and vinyls.

    - Ellie
    http://ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So...this is really cute. Forget the fact that I don't have any dolls. I'll just make mini vinyls because they're adorable. XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish somebody would start a doll house decorating magazine, just so they could put this diy in it. IT. LOOKS. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BlueBicycleDoll12.3.16

    Looks great! I made a record player for my dolls. If you want to check it out its on my instagram, @bluebicycledoll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. too cool! i followed you. :)

      Delete