10.1.16

outfit ideas || t-shirt dresses and socks

outfit one










dress made by me
socks unknown

outfit two










dress made by me
socks from ag
choker made by me {tutorial here}

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hey guys. :) today i decided to go back to my roots and try some sooc indoor photography, and i've gotta say, this is my favorite shoot i've done with indie. thoughts?

so as you may know, 2016 is bringing a new life to domm including photo stories and more focus on the things i sew for my dolls. i've come to the decision that each month will either be a photo story month or a sewing/outfit ideas month—therefore, january will have sewing/outfit posts, february will have photo stories, and so on. i'm working on setting up something special for my two year anniversary (april fourth, if you remember), but for now it'll be this "schedule" of sorts. it just makes it easier for me, since i have 8/11 of my dolls packed away during 'off' months (meaning months where there aren't any major holidays or i don't have a need to have all of them out at once), so i only have to worry about taking them all out for photo stories every other month.

oh, and do you guys have any suggestions as to what i should sew? because i'm in a sewing mood but am fresh out of ideas. any suggestions are greatly appreciated. ;)

have a great day, and let me know what outfit/photo was your favorite. :}

-mads

28 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos, maddie. And boy am I dying over Indie's hair!! Tutorial possibly? Best of luck in the new year, mate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! :) i actually have a tutorial up on seven blogger and their dolls, i think it's either in the october or november archives. :))

      Delete
  2. You are amazing at taking inside photos! So much better then me. Maybe you could sew historical doll clothes.
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much!! good idea, i've been meaning to make lissie some more historically accurate clothes.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10.1.16

    You should totally make some sweaters and warm weather stuff like that! btw i never realized how adorable indie was, til now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i actually just finished making a white thermal/crewneck, i guess great minds think alike. ;) yeah, she's a cutie. ^-^

      Delete
  4. Outfit #2
    Yes yes yes yesyesyesYES! Black dress and knee socks and confident stylish darkness vibes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's kinda sorta my favorite outfit for the girls rn whOOps

      Delete
  5. Snazzy pics!! Indie looks so awesome, I never noticed her hair was that long! Will you be doing tutorials in your sewing months? It's ok if you don't :-* But Liberty Jane/pixiefaire.com has some cool clothes patterns if you're stumped for ideas ^.^
    -Lydia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lydia! :) yeah, her hair is really long in the back—the layered parts in the front are obviously shorter, but when you brush it all together it really is long. i will, but probably not as many as i will outfit ideas and such just because they take more time. :3

      Delete
  6. I like outfit 1. Does Indie have a side part? Bc my 27 has a middle part. Just wondering! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. :)) indie does have a side part. hmm, that's odd—just makes nevaeh more unique, i suppose!

      Delete
    2. Hmmm....interesting. I think it's Cool when dolls have differences! :)

      Delete
  7. SEW A FLOPPY HAT GAHHH I LOVE THOSE.

    - Ellie
    http://ontheothersideofrealitynew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LITERALLY MADE THREE LAST NIGHT ELLIE I HAVE A PROBLEM DO YOU WANT SOEM BC I CAN'T KEEP ALL THESE.

      Delete
  8. OH MY GOD I LOVE THAT GRAY DRESS.

    AND FLOPPY HATS YAS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK.

      UGH THEY'RE SO CUTE.

      Delete
  9. Those outfits are adorable!!! Maybe you could do a tutorial on Indie's hairstyle sometime! It's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, tenley! :) i actually have one up on sbatd, just look through the archives of either october or november (i forget which one haha).

      Delete
    2. Oh cool! I found it, (it's in October, btw) and I'm going to try it out!

      Delete
  10. Love the dresses. Indie is so cute!
    I don't know, maybe sewing a coat of some sort?
    - Zoë

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! :}
      good idea, my dolls are lacking in the outerwear department, haha.

      Delete
  11. I love the dresses! Did you use a pattern? If so, I'de love to try it out!
    The photos look fabulous as well. I can't believe that you took those indoors :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! nah, i made my own patterns for both (well, the gray one i made with quite a few alterations to some pattern pieces found in the liberty jane t-shirt variations bundle), but sometime i could probably make a tutorial or two if you'd like to know how i made them. :)

      Delete
    2. That would be awesome :-)
      I like the way you did her hair to!

      Delete
  12. Both outfits look really cool. Love the entire shoot.
    As for ideas...as a challenge try a couple of collared shirts - long and short-sleeved polos, button downs, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much. :3
      and thanks for the ideas!

      Delete
  13. Just found your site, its a good one. How about Mardi Gras Outfit! You could have lots of fun and experiment with fabric and materials that are new to you :)

    ReplyDelete