29.2.16

where have i been, and where will i be?


so it's been a while. 20 days to be exact--but who's counting?

i'm not going to apologize, but i'm also not going to pretend an unexpected absense didn't occur these last few weeks. school has been taking up a lot of my time, and i've really been working on improving my photography and editing skills. i've been working with photoshop, lightroom, and a few other more advanced editing systems recently and have been having a lot of fun. i kept meaning to post, but i jusyt never got around to it.

i love blogging, i really do, and i don't mean for these breaks to take place, but my life is crazier than ever. we're in the third quarter of the school year already. i'm applying for a summer job. i'm going to be purchasing a new, better camera for my birthday. things are changing, and i am slowly but surely maturing--in a good way. i'm actually discovering who i am and not trying to shove it down people's throats, i'm doing my work and getting good grades. i'm happy, guys. 

i'm trying to be more active on instagram, and at the time being i post about every two days. it's public, so even if you don't have an account, you can still go on for updates and such. ^-^ posts around here are probably going to be slowing down, but i promise you the effort and passion is still here.

thanks for sticking with me--i mean it. i have something special planned for my two year anniversary, and i'm working on writing the script for a series i hope to air on my youtube channel this summer. :) i hope you're all doing well.

lots of love,
maddie

15 comments:

  1. -That picture of Lanie is goals bye
    -I totally get it. School has me by the tongue at the moment, and this quarter is taking forever oh my god
    -I'm so glad that you've finally found your happy place here in this comm ^-^
    -I can't wait for your two year anniversary/youtube series!

    ~J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -thank thank thank
      -it really is sighhhhh
      -<3
      -i'm so glad you're excited!!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're happy Maddie. I'm also glad that things are working out for you. I can't wait to see what you come up with in the future, and remember that quality is more important than quantity. You may not post as much, but as long as you enjoy it when you do, that's all that matters. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (lololol you know how trash i am at this whole life thing but yeah let's keep pretending everything is peachy) thanks for being great j! ^-^

      Delete
  3. Ah, don't worry about the breaks. Just do whatever makes you happiest! And I'm so very glad you're getting to be happier.
    What is this thing called a "quarter". Do you have them in place of semesters or??? Do you have both? I am confuzzled.

    Ellie | The Dolls of 221B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol a quarter is exactly what it sounds like--a fourth of the school year. we have quarters and semesters, so we typically change classes each semester but get a quarter grade every...well, quarter. then we have our exam grades averaged together, and after that, a final grade for each class. kinda confusing but it works haha.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photo Maddie!! I love it! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, kaitlyn. xoxo

      Delete
  5. OK THAT PHOTO OF LANIE IS JUST AWESOME BYE.

    jk no, I'm not leaving this comment yet....

    I know that school is taking up a lot f time for you, it's the same for me. All I want right now is Easter break so I won't have any assignments.

    AND I'M LITERALLY ECSTATIC THAT YOU'RE DOING A SERIES ON YOUR CHANNEL LIKE I'M BOUNCING UP AND DOWN IN MY CHAIR RIGHT NOW.

    OK I'll stop hijacking this post now bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she slays my life tbh.
      i just want a nap okay is that too much to ask? xD
      YAY GLAD YOU'RE EXCITED BC I AM TOO.

      Delete
  6. Love this photo of Lanie. She looks great. How do you keep her curls so tidy?

    Be true to you and be happy that is all we wish for you. Makes the moments you can post more special to us. :)

    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks xyra! i just use water and finger curl. :) i could possibly do a hair care post in the future if you want.
      thank you. <3

      Delete
    2. That would be awesome!

      Delete
  7. Anonymous4.5.16

    Quit posting shit that's way too personal for you to be talking about on this blog. But good thing your happy cause we need you off the community anyways damn bitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! thanks so much for the feedback, i really value my readers' opinions. i just have a few things to address:
      -in case you haven't noticed, this is my blog. in other words, i can post whatever it is my little heart desires. you have no say in what's too personal for this blog because--gasp!--it's not yours. i like being honest with my readers and letting them know what's going down in my life is something i have done since day one. this post is just an updates post telling you what was going on at the moment, explaining my absence. if you wanted to post some justified 'hate' then go back to august mate. there's so much wrong back there. but this? nah, this is just a mellow updates post.
      -i'm so glad you're happy i'm happy! but i don't understand why that means i'm leaving?? because i'm not??

      thanks again for the feedback, but you're a little late to the hate maddie party. unfortunately i ran out of fucks to give a long time ago. maybe next time! :D

      Delete